Welcome to the Mode 1 Analytics GDPR information page
We’ve had numerous anxious enquiries about GDPR and what it entails so we’ve put this information page together to get you started. We are also excited to be working with Invotech - Ireland's leading provider of leisure management software to help deliver a number of GDPR workshops around the country in the coming months. The second workshop takes place in The Mardyke Arena, on the 28th of February. You can book your tickets here.
So, rather than expect you to read some boring text, we have produced this short explainer video so you can get a quick outline on the Who, What, Where, Why & When of GDPR. After the video, feel free to review the additional supporting information and get in touch via the options at the bottom of the page.
You can check out our specific GDPR services by clicking here.
To recap some of the key points from the video:
- All organisations which process Personal Data (storing is considered processing) are subject to these regulations. It applies just as much to voluntary / non-profit organisations like sports clubs, charities etc. as it does to “for profit” organisations.
- Infringements of GDPR can cost up €20M or 4% of turnover (whichever is greater)
- Your organisation is going to be affected in a number of ways. You’ll need to consider how:
- Marketing, Staff Workload, Proof of Compliance, IT systems, Security, Cloud Services, Use of children's data, Retention Periods, 3rd Party relationships etc. …are affected by the regulations
- Customers (and staff) have stronger rights as to how you can use their data. They can withdraw consent for direct marketing and profiling as well as object to the processing of their data full stop. This especially applies when you only process based on consent, rather than on a legal basis (i.e. on the basis of your contract with the customer / staff member)
Some of the Key Changes to Data Protection Law
GDPR is not something you can simply ignore and we at Mode 1 Analytics can help you from the start. A typical example of the first steps to GDPR compliance is this:
Every organisation will have different levels of need and work to perform in order to achieve compliance. So just enter your details in this form and we will contact you to arrange a noncommittal chat to discuss your specific needs. Alternatively, you can email email@example.com or contact Brian on 087 2822234.